Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekend Chores

For Christmas I received the Yarn Harlot's 'Never Not Knitting' page a day calendar. Today's date had a weekend chore of culling yarn from the stash - ie that yarn which you KNOW you'll never use, no longer sure why you got it in the first place, etc...

I'm not prepared to venture into the stash and pull things out - I *believe* I need to be able to concentrate on this task, otherwise I may just give up something that I shouldn't (ie If I'm not concentrating, I may forget what the item was for, and accidentally give away something that is scheduled for knitting later in the year!!!) So, instead of culling yarn, I'm on the computer culling emails from my outlook to save some computer space...and ran across the following:

From the excerpt: Types of Automatic Negative Thinking that you need to stop:

Mind reading --- predicting you know that another person is thinking something negative about you without them telling you. I often tell my patients that, "A negative look from someone else may mean nothing more than he or she is constipated. You don't know. You can't read minds. I have 25 years of training in human behavior and I still can't read anyone's mind."


I need to remember everyone is constipated (grin)

No comments: