Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tiggers and Eeyores...

I had a rough day yesterday. It was Day 3 of working part-time, at home mama part-time and although lil man is thoroughly tickled about this turn of events, I'm not so sure about my enthusiasm. I do need to establish a routine, and to work out the kinks in how to balance everything...but I was feeling like a total failure in all aspects of my life (work, home, fun, parenting, etc). At bedtime I started venting to hubby about it all, and he somehow turns on a television show that he thought looked interesting...we both cried and laughed at this show...and in a way, it was a swift kick in the pants for me. I should BE so lucky to be able to spend so much time with my son at this age!

Want to know what it was? It was on ABC, Diane Sawyer "The Last Lecture: A Love Story For Your Life" on ABC Wednesday April 9th, 10pm/9 CST."


We are buying the book, and have yet to watch the YouTube Video of his complete last lecture - but this is certainly a must-see for anyone struggling with negative thoughts about life, people or anything in general..

Hubby's favourite quote was "are you a Tigger or an Eeyore?"
Hubby is definitely a Tigger...

No comments: