Friday, February 08, 2008

Cravings

On Monday, I had an overwhelming craving for these yummy, soft, chewy ginger cookies that I get from the little piggy bakery down the road from my office. But I was trying to overcome my craving (since I tend to go buy these on a near daily basis).

After getting a disgruntled toddler to bed, I ended up surfing the net to find a recipe to make my own. They were yummy! Not as good as the little piggy version (they have pieces of candied ginger in theirs!).

Anyhow, I'm watching Good Eats (my fave!), and what do ya know, he mentions keeping fish sauce in the fridge for things like pad thai, etc.... He wasn't making Pad Thai, but the mere mention of the word, and boom, craving. Now I don't just 'get' cravings, there are certain foods I crave, and Pad Thai tends to rear its head every couple of months, and will stick around for weeks on end if I don't satisfy it. Generally that means a trip to the Noodle Box (we go to the Fisgard location as it's easier to park!)

Now, I decided to google to see what I could find for possibly making 'something' that would satisfy the craving (knowing that I am NOT going to make authentic Pad Thai, and I have yet to find a grocery store version that doesn't taste like gooey mush). Well, I've found something extremely interesting and will be exploring my options tomorrow...
http://chezpim.typepad.com/blogs/2007/01/pad_thai_for_be.html


Wish me luck!

PS. I know there isn't the words Pad Thai on the Noodle Box menu, I order the Spicy Peanut Noodle Box...mmmmm
And yes, I do have other options, but with a toddler, it's easier to do take-out - without toddler, we like the My Thai Cafe - mmmmmm, now I want some red curry...

No comments: