Saturday, October 27, 2007

Socking along...

My celebration on the progress on my socks was a little premature...being that this is my first time doing short-row heels, and that I was not only sick when knitting, I was also attempting to do so while looking after a sick toddler. So, I wasn't sure what to make of the heel...then I read Yarn Harlot's blog, and after looking at the photograph of her 'horrible, horrible' sock heels I realized they looked EXACTLY like what I had done, so had to frog the thing back and redo the heel. I wondered why it looked so odd, being that I've done short rows on soakers, and never had that ugly pucker along the side, let alone a 'line'. Anyhow, redid the heel, fits my foot better, and am progressing along up the leg of the sock until I decide either it's long enough or I run out of wool. I'm thinking I'll stop short of using the full ball since I think I'll make matching socks for the lil dude...not that a boy should have matching socks to his mama, but it'll make for great photographs at his future wedding or even earlier, when he brings dates home to meet the mama

Still sick btw, and attempting to knit instead of working...

No comments: