Saturday, March 29, 2008

Enabling Behaviour


Friday I took the day off work I went to the Victoria Sewing and Craft Show
and I got some great yarns, some threads for dollmaking, a nifty new thimble which is basically a piece of leather sewn onto a glove finger :), some rosewood dpns, wool needles, a
nd finally a olfa mat for my rotary cutter. See, I have pics - mmmmm, this arauacania yarn is a nice little pet (sitting in my arms)...this picture does NOT do it justice... I want soooo badly to start knitting with it, but I have 7 baby hats to finish sewing up, Keiran's sweater, Keiran's socks, Sarah's very past due Christmas Sweater...

My pass is good for 2 days, so today, being the 2nd day, I'm trying my damnest to figure out why I feel the need to go back. The needle felting workshop was sold out yesterday morning when I arrived, so I'm not after a workshop; I don't need a sewing machine although a serger would be 'nice to have'; I am trying to
stay away from buying more books until I get more space (or get rid of some)....the only reason I can think of going, is to buy more yarn...I didn't manage to buy anything from Indigo Moon Yarns, and there were just sooooo many good things at Fun Knit's booth. I petted the malabrigo lace yarn, but didn't give in to buying it...now all I've done is think about it, how nice and soft, the lovely scarf Shelley was knitting with it....I think I know where I'm going today...

No comments: