Sunday, June 14, 2009

Memory String

I've been away from knitting for far too long - I let work get in the way :( Feb/Mar were crazy busy, plus we kept getting sick. I was intentionally busy as I had no idea whether I'd have any work in April knowing the BC Government had frozen consulting contracts. So on top of that we booked a vacation to Mexico. Well, lo and behold, I had work for April, a proposal to get out the door while I was on vacation!!!

So you are somewhat caught up as to my disappearance since March.

Now I'm knitting my son some navy blue socks (we were in Vancouver at Urban Yarns last weekend and he helped pick out some sock yarn that was on sale for $2.95 - $3.95) I cast them on while at the hotel, knit some while watching beach volleyball, then knit some more watching Midsomer Murders on Knowledge Network last night. When I picked up the needles/yarn, all those memories came back to me. I find it comforting for some reason to sit and knit and remember all the 'events' that occur while knitting a particular item. Note: I'm knitting the Hedgerow Sock pattern for a preschooler using Filatura Di Crosa Maxime Soft Socks on my Crystal Palace size 0 bamboo needles.

To test this theory out, I then pulled out the "Hey Teach" sweater I started on vacation in Mexico - and yep, I could recall doing the cast on while at home; the knitting at the airport while our flight was delayed, and delayed and delayed; the frogging when I messed up the pattern not once, but twice (I didn't read the instructions properly). Then as I knit some more I could recall the knitting on the beach, watching my son running from waves, then running back to taunt the sea :)

This is so much more interesting than photo albums :)

No comments: